Batwing SPLITSCREEN Installation
Installation Instructions for the 2014+ Batwing SPLITSCREEN
Thanks for your purchase! In a perfect world where money was no object, you’d have your Harley-Davidson® Tech be responsible for the installation. In the real world however, many of us elect to perform the installation ourselves. Thus Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens is obliged to disclaim responsibility for any damage or injuries incurred as a result of your purchase and/or installation efforts.
- Use padding to protect your bikes painted surfaces;
- Remove the four fairing fasteners, unplug the headlamp and carefully remove the outer fairing. See link to pages (2-124, 2-125) from 2015 Touring Service Manual. If you’d appreciate a public YouTube video on Batwing Fairing Removal, there are many to choose from online including this one https://youtu.be/-kwq_9LeJ8I (by J&P Cycles);
- If installing while your bike is on its jiffy stand, turn the handlebars to the right in order that the vent area is inclined backwards;
- For “fit perspective”, place bottom of the SPLITSCREEN temporarily on the vent “ledge” to confirm your sense of how it will rotate back to fit over the center “nose-like” divider of the vent. The top edge of the screen will rest against the existing rubber strip on the upper part of the vent opening;(Batwing SPLITSCREEN Installation – Vent shown with Batwing Fairing removed)
- Remove the protective film from the pre-installed double-sided adhesive tape. Pinching the end of the tape with fore-finger and thumb will separate the film;
- Install the Batwing SPLITSCREEN on the inner fairing vent opening by placing the lower edges of the properly aligned SPLITSCREEN onto the “ledge” area of the vent opening and rotating the SPLITSCREEN back until the top of the screen is against the existing foam rubber strip. Pressing the adhesive strip at the bottom should secure the SPLITSCREEN;Batwing SPLITSCREEN Installation – Overview
- Reinstall the outer fairing and windshield and congratulate yourself for a successful installation!
Motorcycle Vent Screens thanks you again for choosing us as your “Elegant Solution”.
A message from the President of Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens: My very first “Touring Bike” was a Batwing FLHTK Ultra Limited and I loved riding it. However the Harley-Davidson® Road Glide® became my favorite touring motorcycle the first time I rode one! The “Shark Nose” frame-mounted fairing offers both high speed stability cutting through the air at touring speeds as well as low speed maneuverability with the handlebars “free” of the weight of the fairing. My BSR (back seat rider) wife is extraordinarily comfortable riding with me and considers this bike to be a “limo on 2 wheels”!
Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson®. Terms such as: Harley-Davidson®, Road Glide® and Harley® are trademarks of the Harley-Davidson® Motor Company. They are only used here for descriptive, informational purposes and displayed either with the ® designation or in CAP’s (an alternate method of displaying the “®” designation). The 3-screen complete solution described herein is termed “Triple SPLITSCREENS”. “SPLITSCREEN(S)” and “Triple SPLITSCREENS” are terms coined by Elegant Solutions Inc.