HELP – Triple SPLITSCREENS FAQ and Answers
Frequently Asked Questions Presented in 3 most requested Categories:
- Category #1 – Product FAQ.
- Category #2 – Installation FAQ.
- Category #3 – Shopping Cart/Shipping FAQ.
Category #1 – Product FAQ:
- Q: Will installing the Center SPLITSCREEN interfere with normal operation of the center vent flap? A: Not at all. Our proprietary design keeps the screen clear of the vent closure flap at all times and even protects the flap from collecting debris.
- Q: What holds the Center SPLITSCREEN securely in place? A: We’ve developed a method of attaching both the top and bottom of our Center SPLITSCREEN so securely it stays in place even at triple digit highway speeds. As our attachment method took considerable time and effort to develop, it’s considered a proprietary design and revealed only to our customers (none of our customers have been disappointed). Buyers requiring a conceptual overview prior to purchase: click SYNOPSIS.
- Q: What holds the Side SPLITSCREENS in place? A: They are secured (sandwiched) between the outer fairing and front edge of each side vent assembly. With the outer fairing removed and the headlamp bezels loosened, the inner edge of our Side SPLITSCREENS are secured by tightening the headlamp bezels. Reinstalling the outer fairing secures the outer edge of the Side SPLITSCREENS.
- Q: I noticed small spots on my screens where the powder-coating is “missing”! Please explain! A: Ironically, this is evidence the SPLITSCREENS were professionally powder-coated. Each screen is suspended for the spray coating application followed by oven baking. Those very small “bare spots” where the suspension hooks are placed are selected because they will be hidden from view when installed.
- Q: Why does the cardboard Stabilizer Pad/template appear to be “missing”? A: It shipped attached to your Center SPLITSCREEN and may not have been recognized. Based on customer feedback, this was likely a packaging misunderstanding as the Stabilizer Pad Template itself is used as part of the packaging of each Center SPLITSCREEN (which is never shipped loose inside the package). Without exception, each Center SPLITSCREEN is precisely positioned inside a protective shipping sleeve (see packaging Step#2) which is then secured to the Stabilizer Pad Template with a pair of wire paper clips. Most likely the person who unpacked the shipping envelope mistook the cardboard template as “disposable packaging” and discarded it. Alternately, they may have accidently detached the Stabilizer Pad from the cardboard template and, perhaps not recognizing its purpose, discarded it. Note that the Stabilizer Pad itself is designed to readily detach from the template as it is secured only by unclenched staples. Please see Replacement Parts for your solution.
- Q: I’ve previously purchased (or made my own) side screens. May I purchase the Center SPLITSCREEN separately? A: Yes; as of September 21, 2018, our sales volume had grown to where we began offering our Center and Side SPLITSCREENS separately. Be advised however that after experiencing the beefy quality of our SPLITSCREENS, many folks who’d previously purchased screens from Klock-Werks® (offer only side screens at half our thickness and not powder-coated) wind up purchasing a complete set of Triple SPLITSCREENS.
- Q: Are the Side SPLITSCREENS compatible with H-D Road Glide Headlamp Trim? A: Yes, H-D part numbers 61400411/61400412 install over and do not interfere with our Side SPLITSCREENS.
- Q: Will your SPLITSCREENS scratch my bike’s finish? A: No, your bike’s finish is protected by our neoprene rubber trim in the center vent. This is the only place the screens come in contact with a Road Glide® finish panel. All other contact areas are interior non-finish panels.
- Q: I bought a new Road Glide®. Can I transfer my SPLITSCREENS to my new bike? A: Yes, however the Stabilizer Pad is not transferable due to its strong adhesive qualities. Existing customers may request another Stabilizer Pad complete with template for only $12 (shipped within USA). Consider though, that the windshield and fairing must be removed/replaced to recover the Side SPLITSCREENS. Depending on your motivation, it might be easier to simply upgrade your new ride with a set of new Triple SPLITSCREENS!
- Q: Why do your vent screens cost more than others I see advertised on eBay? A: Price is proportional to quality! While everyone loves a bargain, savvy buyers realize they receive precisely what they pay for. The reality is that our Triple SPLITSCREENS are the real bargain because of made in USA superior quality and the complete protection of a 3-screen package! As eBay vendors are keenly aware the focus of most buyers is LOWEST PRICE, we’re seeing a proliferation of cheap “shipped directly from China”
productsofferings with 30+ day deliveries. As an eBay buyer cannot touch or feel the quality of a product online, “low price” is the buyers’ only certainty. Triple SPLITSCREENS buyers concerned about quality can rely on our numerous in-depth customer REVIEWS as well as our satisfaction guarantee. Note that all of the “legitimate” eBay vendors offer 2-side screens only (we don’t consider “shipped from China” vendors as “legitimate”). Our Triple SPLITSCREENS are twice the thickness of most others, and they are professionally powder-coated (oven baked finish) for attractive appearance and easy cleaning. In the big picture, our Triple SPLITSCREENS don’t cost very much and are, per customer testimonials (see REVIEWS), the best value on the Road Glide® vent screens market. Order now with confidence……. you’ll be very pleased you did!
- Q: Why should I pay your “high price” when I can zip down to my local hardware store, buy some gutter-guard and make my own screens for under five bucks!? A: Because our high-quality USA screen materials* are far superior to flimsy “gutter guard” crap😁! *Thick, oven-baked powder-coating, rubber-trimmed. And because achieving a quality result is not as easy as you might believe …. particularly considering the challenging funnel-shaped center vent (took numerous attempts to perfect the shape as well as a reliable attachment method)! We’ve invested considerable trial & error efforts to figure out all the difficult stuff and present you with a quality solution! But if reality hasn’t bitten yet … have at it! It can be challenging to convince the dedicated DIY’er … who may need to purchase additional tools, who typically ignores his labor worth as well as his costs of shopping (time, fuel, crowds, etc.)! Odds are you’ll be better served with our quality USA solution! Need convincing? …… read CUSTOMER REVIEWS!
- Q: May I order SPLITSCREENS powder-coated in a custom color to match my bike? A: That’s not feasible as color matching is an art requiring physical presence. The Buyer would be better served bringing his SPLITSCREENS and bike to his local powder-coater for a precise color match. Your powder-coater will prep and spray over our clear or black coating.
HELP – Triple SPLITSCREENS FAQ and Answers
Category #2 – Installation FAQ:
- Q: My “green dot” sticker fell off, how do I know which is the front side of the screen? A: This is simply an “ease of cleaning” consideration. The perforated screen material is a bit smoother on the “stamped” front side. If not visually apparent (depending on the thickness of the powder coating), this can be “felt” by running your fingers over the screen surface.
- Q: The Mini-Binder Clip won’t open wide enough to attach the screen …. can you HELP? A: The high-quality powder-coater we use sometimes applies an extra thick coat which can make it a bit more challenging to install the clip. Using a smooth-jawed plier or C-clamp, squeeze the overly thick powder-coat in the hidden area of the screen where the clip attaches, or using a file, carefully reduce the thickness of the powder coating where the clip attaches: ￼
- Q: I’m having difficulty removing the protective film (binder) from the neoprene Stabilizer Pad…. can you HELP? A: X-acto knife shown. Cut/score only the protective film, stretch and separate to expose the adhesive layer. Peel off protective film.
- Q: I couldn’t perform the installation right away and have since misplaced/lost the instructions as well as some of the parts …. what are my options? A: See our SUPPORT page for a list of the items shipped as well as installation instructions including tutorial videos. Contact us as necessary for the current passphrase to access the Center SPLITSCREEN tutorial video. See Replacement Parts to order any missing items.
- Q: The Center SPLITSCREEN doesn’t appear to be as snugly installed as per your tutorial video …. what could be wrong? A: It’s likely the 2-panel Air Duct Assembly (ADA) may have separated. See Air Duct Assembly for an explanation and solution.
HELP – Triple SPLITSCREENS FAQ and Answers
Category #3 – Shopping Cart or Shipping FAQ:
- Q: Do you offer a Military Discount? A: Motorcycle Vent Screens is pleased to offer a 10% discount COUPON CODE to qualifying members of our armed services by following this link: MILITARY DISCOUNT
- Q: Do you offer seasonal discounts or other “sales promotions”? A: No. Discounts are made for showing appreciation to our military veterans per FAQ#1 above. Our philosophy is to offer Made in USA quality at a fair and affordable price point. The reality is that running sales promotions require a higher “normal price”. Because we won’t “pad the price” to allow for silly “40% OFF discount promo’s”, our customers won’t experience the disappointment of missing out on a later promotional sale.
- Q: What if your 12″x9″ stiff cardboard shipping envelope won’t fit my mailbox? A: Prior to delivery, click on your USPS tracking number and open “Delivery Instructions” where you may request options like: “leave on front porch”, etc. For detailed information: USPS Delivery Instructions™ – The Basics
- Q: Does PayPal charge the Buyer a transaction fee? A: No, not while using our PayPal Business Account! No transaction fees are incurred by the Buyer; neither checking out using a PayPal membership nor when using PayPal’s Credit Card “Guest Checkout” (PayPal also functions as an independent “electronic payment processor” like Stripe, Square etc.);
- Q: Can I make my payment through PayPal if I don’t have a PayPal account? A: YES! PayPal is an electronic payment processor which allows customers to send their payment securely without divulging their bank information to the merchant. Making credit card payments using PayPal is free of charge for the buyer. The business receiving the money is responsible for payment of any PayPal transaction fees. You may use this service even if you don’t want to sign up for a PayPal account of your own. (see example below)
- Q: How can I take full advantage of your quantity pricing options when they don’t appear to allow for combining Gloss Black and Gloss Silver finishes? A: Sorry, it’s a software shortcoming. Bulk pricing only works per (the same) product with the problem being the two finishes are considered individual products. Assuming enough available inventory, order everything in Gloss Black and be sure to specify the product mix you want in the “comments” section. Alternately, simply contact us to discuss;
- Q: I have another question…. can I speak to someone? A: Absolutely! We’re available via our CONTACT page, email, text or phone. See our contact information here:
A message from the President of Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens: My very first “Touring Bike” was a Batwing FLHTK Ultra Limited and I loved riding it. However, the Harley-Davidson® Road Glide® became my favorite touring motorcycle the first time I rode one! The “Shark Nose” frame-mounted fairing offers both high speed stability cutting through the air at touring speeds as well as low speed maneuverability with the handlebars “free” of the weight of the fairing. My BSR (back seat rider) wife is extraordinarily comfortable riding with me and considers this bike to be a “limo on 2 wheels”! Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson®. Terms such as: Harley-Davidson®, Road Glide® and Harley® are trademarks of the Harley-Davidson® Motor Company. They are only used here for descriptive, informational purposes and displayed either with the ® designation or in CAP’s (an alternate method of displaying the “®” designation). The 3-screen complete solution described herein is termed “Triple SPLITSCREENS”. “SPLITSCREEN(S)” and “Triple SPLITSCREENS” are terms coined by Elegant Solutions Inc.