Center SPLITSCREEN Support Store for REPLACEMENT Parts
QUESTION: “How could my Center SPLITSCREEN fall out and/or become missing?”
ANSWER: this rare situation can only occur when either (or both) of the two attachment methods (Spring Clip + Stabilizer Pad) are compromised or missing*.
* The Road Glide’s smooth funnel-shaped center vent necessitates two unique attachment methods to keep our Center SPLITSCREEN reliably in place. The Mini Binder-Spring Clip secures the (straight) bottom of the screen and the neoprene rubber Stabilizer Pad braces the rubber-trimmed curved top of the screen against displacement from high-speed impacts. There are precise installation instructions for each and if either item is not installed properly, the Center SPLITSCREEN can be damaged or lost. See below for examples from those rare Customer Support experiences:
Mini Binder-Clip Issues are usually because:
- the Spring Clip was not installed. Customers sometimes enlist others to perform the installation and for various reasons the installation instructions may not have been communicated or followed correctly. Because the Spring Clip keeps the Center SPLITSCREEN clear of the center vent closure flap, this should be an obvious situation as the closure flap would bind and become inoperative.
- the clip was installed improperly, vibrated loose and fell off. Usually because the clip’s rear (vertical) wire-handle was removed. The correct positioning of the clip’s vertical wire-handle is such that; as the ADA is reinstalled onto the fairing, the (vertical) wire-handle “bottoms-out” between the cooling fins of the Infotainment Radio making it impossible for the clip to vibrate loose.
Stabilizer Pad Issues are usually because:
- the pad was not installed. This could be problematic at high interstate speeds as air pressure and/or road debris impacts push the curved top of the screen backward. Some customers enlist others to perform the installation and for various reasons the installation instructions may not have been provided or followed correctly;
- the pad was installed incorrectly, loosened and fell off, usually because of compromised adhesion. This situation can be caused by the vent application area being inadequately cleaned or may have originated with difficulties removing the pad’s protective film causing damage to the Pad’s adhesive strength.
We stand behind what we are able to control, i.e. delivering a high-quality product free of defects to our DIY customers. After years of feedback from our customers, we are absolutely confident that faithfully followed video/written instruction-sets result in successful installations. That installation failures are rarely an issue is confirmed by the high praise for our video instructions as per many Customer REVIEWS advising how easy the installation was! That being said; because no one has immunity from “Murphy’s Law”, replacements and/or repairs are occasionally required.
CLICK Product Choice to view Purchase Options
We want happy customers; if we are at fault for an issue, we’ll take responsibility and “make it right”. Otherwise, choose the appropriate solution above.
A message from the President of Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens: My very first “Touring Bike” was a Batwing FLHTK Ultra Limited and I loved riding it. However the Harley-Davidson® Road Glide® became my favorite touring motorcycle the first time I rode one! The “Shark Nose” frame-mounted fairing offers both high speed stability cutting through the air at touring speeds as well as low speed maneuverability with the handlebars “free” of the weight of the fairing. My BSR (back seat rider) wife is extraordinarily comfortable riding with me and considers this bike to be a “limo on 2 wheels”!
Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson®. Terms such as: Harley-Davidson®, Road Glide® and Harley® are trademarks of the Harley-Davidson® Motor Company. They are only used here for descriptive, informational purposes and displayed either with the ® designation or in CAP’s (an alternate method of displaying the “®” designation). The 3-screen complete solution described herein is termed “Triple SPLITSCREENS”. “SPLITSCREEN(S)” and “Triple SPLITSCREENS” are terms coined by Elegant Solutions Inc.