Center SPLITSCREEN Support Store for REPLACEMENT Parts
We stand behind what we are able to control, i.e. delivering a high-quality product free of defects to our DIY customers. After years of feedback from our customers, we are absolutely confident that faithfully followed video/written instruction-sets result in successful installations. That installation failures are rarely an issue is confirmed by the high praise for our video instructions as per many Customer REVIEWS advising how easy the installation was! That being said; because no one has immunity from “Murphy’s Law”, replacements and/or repairs are occasionally required*.
* The Road Glide’s smooth funnel-shaped center vent necessitates two unique attachment methods to keep our Center SPLITSCREEN reliably in place. The Mini Binder-Clip secures the (straight) bottom of the screen and the neoprene rubber Stabilizer Pad braces the rubber-trimmed curved top of the screen against displacement from high-speed impacts. There are precise, simple installation instructions for each and if either item is not installed correctly, the Center SPLITSCREEN can be damaged or lost. See below for typical examples from those rare Customer Support experiences:
Mini Binder-Clip Issues are usually because:
- the clip was not installed at all; because the clip keeps the screen clear of the center vent closure flap, this would be an obvious issue as the flap would become inoperative. Some customers reportedly enlisted others to perform the installation and for various reasons the installation instructions were not followed correctly;
- the clip was installed incorrectly, vibrated loose and fell off. Usually because the clip’s rear (vertical) wire-handle was removed. The correct positioning of the vertical wire-handle is such that as the ADA is reinstalled onto the fairing, the wire-handle “bottoms-out” between the cooling fins of the Infotainment Radio making it impossible for the clip to vibrate loose.
Stabilizer Pad Issues are usually because:
- the pad was not installed at all; this could be problematic at high interstate speeds as air pressure pushes the curved top of the screen back. Some customers reportedly enlisted others to perform the installation and for various reasons the installation instructions were not followed correctly;
- the pad was installed incorrectly and fell off, usually because of compromised adhesion (which can be caused by the vent application area being inadequately cleaned or associated with difficulties removing the pad’s protective film causing damage to the Pad’s adhesive strength).
CLICK Product Choice to view Purchase Options
We want happy customers; if we are at fault for an issue, we’ll take responsibility and “make it right”. Otherwise, choose the appropriate solution above.
A message from the President of Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens: My very first “Touring Bike” was a Batwing FLHTK Ultra Limited and I loved riding it. However the Harley-Davidson® Road Glide® became my favorite touring motorcycle the first time I rode one! The “Shark Nose” frame-mounted fairing offers both high speed stability cutting through the air at touring speeds as well as low speed maneuverability with the handlebars “free” of the weight of the fairing. My BSR (back seat rider) wife is extraordinarily comfortable riding with me and considers this bike to be a “limo on 2 wheels”!
Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens is not affiliated with Harley-Davidson®. Terms such as: Harley-Davidson®, Road Glide® and Harley® are trademarks of the Harley-Davidson® Motor Company. They are only used here for descriptive, informational purposes and displayed either with the ® designation or in CAP’s (an alternate method of displaying the “®” designation). The 3-screen complete solution described herein is termed “Triple SPLITSCREENS”. “SPLITSCREEN(S)” and “Triple SPLITSCREENS” are terms coined by Elegant Solutions Inc.